When you enter a document in the Sales Transaction Entry window, you select a default site. If there is a quantity shortage for an item at the default site, the Sales Quantity Shortage Options window will open and you can choose the Distribute shortage option to check the quantity available at other sites and allocate the item from other sites.
To sell an item from another site
Selling an item from another site in Sales Order Processing
- In the Sales Quantity Shortage Options window, select Distribute to open the Sales Item Quantity Distribution Entry window.
- Change the Site ID.
- In the Quantities Available section of the window, see if there is a quantity available for that site. If there is, enter the quantity needed for the document in the Quantity Selected field.
- Choose Insert. An entry will appear in the Quantities Selected section of the window.
If you’re using extended pricing and a promotion exists for the item and quantity you entered, the Promotion Alert window will open, where you can accept or reject the promotion.
- Repeat the process to choose additional sites to fill the quantity needed. The total quantity selected less the quantity back ordered and quantity canceled should equal the Original Item Extended Quantity.
- Choose OK to close the window and save your entries.
Hope this helps!!!