Some time it is possible to users get the below error message while they try to login GP 2013 Web client on their client work station. However it may working fine on the IIS server machine.
Summary: An error occurred while initializing communication with the server.
The cause of this issue may be “wrong Web client url” or “SSL certificate issue”.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Enter the URL of the Microsoft Dynamics GP web client site. The default address of the site is:
ServerName is the fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) for the server that is hosting the web site. This name must match the name you used when you requested the security certificate that you applied to the site when setting up SSL.
PortNumber is the port for the web site that you are using. If you chose to install on the default web site (port 80) then you do not need to supply the port number.
A typical URL to access the Microsoft Dynamics GP web client looks similar to the following:
3. After entering the URL, your issue will be resolved and you will be directed to the logon page. If you again get the same error then follow the Resolution 2.
If above resolution couldn’t resolve your issue, then cause of the issue would be in SSL certificate. Go to your IIS server and export the SSL certificate which was used in web client installation then follow below steps.
1. Go to Run command and type MMC.
2. In the console window, go to File–>Add/Remove Snap in.
3. Left pane of the Add/Remove Snap in window, select Certificates and click Add then click OK.
4. Now expand the Certificate–>Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
5. Right click on Certificate and choose All Tasks–>Import.
6. In the Certificate Import wizard import the Certificate which was used in web client installation on the IIS server.
7. After successfully installed the Certificate on the client work station, go to Internet Explore.
8. Now enter your GP web client url as below.
9. After entering the URL, your issue will be resolved and you will be directed to the logon page.
Hope this helps!!!